In the spirit of Europa: Balans en Richting [Europe: Balance and Direction]” (Tielt: Lanoo, 2003), Ethical Perspectives is preparing a special issue to appear in December 2007 on the question of Europe as a moral project in the eyes of youth. As such, we are inviting contributions that discuss the problematic within the loose, non-exhaustive framework of the following:
* The meaning, direction and project of Europe
* What Europe has to offer outside of economics
* Is there in fact a European moral project?
* The death of the proposed European constitution and the rise of nationalism
* The role of Christianity and other religious traditions within Europe
While the framework is quite broad, contributions are requested to keep in mind the mission of Ethical Perspectives, which is to promote an international dialogue between fundamental and applied ethics.
If you are interested in contributing to this issue or have any questions or remarks, please drop me a line in advance. We would like to receive all the completed papers by June 30, 2007. Papers should be original and written in English. Please e-mail papers to John Hymers; both DOC (MS Word) and ODT (OpenOffice) format are acceptable. Please see our Information for Authors, which is also available on the back inside page of Ethical Perspectives, for other technical and formatting issues.